Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Pinwheel Blanket and Olympic Sweater



I finally started my Olympic knitting on Saturday night at about 10:30. If you can read my row counter I had completed 1 whole row before I went to bed at around 11:30. I used Ann Budds handy book of patterns to help determine the number of stitches to cast on but the chart only includes even number guages and I was getting 4 1/2 stitches per inch so I did a bit of math.





And I finished the pinwheel blanket at around 7:30 on saturday night. I think it looks great. I haven't measured it or blocked it (it definetely needs blocking) I'm sure it will grow.

I did a row of yarns overs the row before the bind off row to carry on the yarn over increases used to make the pinwheel shape and instead of doing the decreases I left the stitch increases in to make a nice ruffled effect around the edge.






Let's just hope that they were right and it is a girl :)

Made from Bernat Cotton Tots - Strawberry and White on Size 7 Needles.
2 Skeins white
3 Skeins Strawberry (Someone may have run out of yarn the rows before the bind off) You could probably do 2 skeins of each if you didn't do the yarn overs before the bind off row

2 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Oh, It looks Fab! You should be so proud of yourself. It seems like you finished it rather quickly. Good for you!

14/2/06 09:42  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Very nice. You're such a good Auntie.

14/2/06 16:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home