Monday, January 30, 2006

The Yarn Crawl


Here's Crystal and Erica at our first stop - Sunflower Samplings in Crystal Lake.











Heres our second stop - Quitely Wilde Yarn in Woodstock... we enjoyed the big sign that says YARN - I should probably get one for my house.
















Here's a picture of the Socks that Rock Display at The Fold in Marengo - I should have taken the picture before we took the yarn that we were buying off of the rack. I didn't take a picture of the outside of the shop because of the rain but I thought the socks that rock display was probably more what people would want to see anyways... Toni has a great variety of yarn and roving - she had tons of blue moon fiber arts yarn I should have
taken more picture here.












Here's a picture of the back entrance of the Yarn Exchange in Dekalb through a nice and rainy windshield - there's also a nice view of the back door of Lord Stanleys...








We also went to Wool and Company in Geneva but I didn't take any pictures because of the rain.
Our last stop was Fine Line - in St. Charles I didn't take any pictures their of yarn but I did take a picture of the minuature baskets they have on display there.










Here's what I bought at the Fold - Please note my excellent photography skills - I got Socks that Rock in peacock and ruby slippers, some yarn for latvian mittens and new needles for latvian mittens and socks that rock...

I have pictures of most of the other stuff I bought... 2 hanks of manos -some nature spun fingering weight, clasps for my cardigan, a new kacha-kacha counter, a book on knitting cupcakes but blogger doesn't seem to want to upload anymore.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

oooohh...nice stuff. Please please please bring the cupcake book to the next meeting.

30/1/06 09:15  
Blogger vi said...

ok you had fun
hahaha
oye and in the rain no less
vi

7/2/06 15:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home