Thursday, January 04, 2007

A new year






Does everyone know the John Lennon song So This is Christmas? every year I think about it and it sticks with me for days. Another year older a new one just begun...and what have I done.


So for this year we have some big goals.


1) It's NoNoWriYe or Norby novel writing year - so if you are a Norby get writing 100,000

words by the end of the year.


2) Call and get myself a recycling bin - use less paper products - I already went and got microfiber glass cleaning and dusting clothes that are washable instead of using disposable. Anyone with ideas feel free to leave them in the comments.

3) Make mittens for a homeless shelter. I love to make mittens and there are people who definetely need to keep there hands warm. Anyone who wants to join in I'm calling it my Warm Hands, Warm Heads, Warm Hearts Project... I'll make a button tomorrow. Anyone who knits a pair of mittens or a hat to donate to those less fortunate send me an email and we'll keep a tally.

4) I'm also doing a yarn diet until April not a cent on yarn until then and sock yarn does count... I hope they still have Jingle Bell Rock STR lightweight by then but what can you do.

Over Christmas break I finished my Norweigan mittens.

I also wound up all my sock yarn: Lorna's Laces from my factory tour, STR peacock and my hand-dyed bomb pop yarn. I even started my second Jaywalker sock... it's going to be a good year.

1 Comments:

Blogger erica said...

You already saw on my blog the cloth napkins I've made up. I bought six yards of fabric and in the end will have 22 napkins. We've also cut up my husband's old t-shirts for cleaning rags, which work really well.


erica
http://erica-lee.org/wordpress

4/1/07 22:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home