Thursday, April 27, 2006

Blogivesary

Today is my 1 year blogiversary. I can say in the past year I have learned about uploading photos, adding links, making buttons, and being annoyed by my blog and my lack of computer knowledge.

In the past year I've made 3 sweaters, 4 Christmas stockings, 2 pairs of mittens, scarves, wash clothes, 2 pairs of socks and a baby blanket (at least this is what I can remember).

Tuesday night was the steeking event at Melissa's house. These first two pictures are the test swatch for steeking. (The size was meant for a teddy bear size sweater so that it could be something useful. Some people, namely me, changed the size to fit it into the time I had available so it's not exactly a useful size for anything.)


Next came trying a two different steeking techniques the first was dropping the front stitches cutting them and trying the ends together. For finishing this would require tying the loose ends into knots folding them over twice and sewing the edge down to make them inside a pocket.

The second method we tried including using a crochet hook - slipping stitches around the edge
of the intended opening and then cutting - this seemed to require a lot less finishing afterwards. The only problem being I am crochet deficient. We used this technique to make on of the arm holes. This was the as far as I got since it wasn't going to be used for anything I went on to other activities.





Like suggesting we use the kitchen torch from the brulee cheesecake to brulee a peep. The result was pretty good - a nice crunchy crust with all the joy of a roaster marshmallow inside.
I suggested a new steeking technique using the torch but no one seemed to want to try it on their swatch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

mmmmm...gooey, toasty Peeps

27/4/06 16:55  
Blogger Crystal said...

Happy Blogiversary!

28/4/06 07:49  

Post a Comment

<< Home