Monday, August 14, 2006

Stitches Midwest Review

Saturday morning started early everyone met at my house at 7am to make our way to the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center, I allowed extra time because I tend to take the wrong exit everytime I go there - which I of course did. We ended up getting there at 7:45 and after registration and finding our classrooms where pretty much right on time. Crystal and I took the Norwegian Mitten Class with Beth Brown-Reinsel and she graciously posed for a picture with me and my partially finished mitten. I sat in the back of the classroom and was really enjoyed my next door knitting neighbors including Lars. I worked a few more rows when I got home before I feel into an exhausted heap and had to lie still on the couch to prepare for some more shopping the next day. On the way home from the convention center I managed to get out and find McDonalds where we could all eat sundaes and then headed north to DesPlaines where I felt the need to tell everyone about going by the first McDonalds and then continued to drive around for an extra 45 minutes before we actually found where it was (and by we I mean me and my poor unsuspecting victims in the car). When I did finally find it no one even wanted to get out and see it.





My entire first days purchases consisted of three balls of this Cascade 220 superwash hopefully for a baby gift.

A little more shopping was done on Sunday after I recovered from the devastation of not being the winner of the grand prize - I had big plans for that money. I bought 7 balls of self-striping regia at Webs for some various Christmas ideas - a new size 5 circular so I don't have to use the bamboo for baby hats - I'm sure it great for other stuff but the baby yarn on the bamboo was killing me. And then Traditional Fair Isle Knitting that was recommended by Beth for the Fair Isle Charts in designing my own mittens.

Then the most perfect buttons - They really match my kitchen well - I think they are a little bit too dark for my intended project but I was thinking about making earrings out of them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Norskybear said...

Hey Kelly! I had a great time knitting with you in Beth's class. You kept us in stitches! (I know, bad pun.) Can't wait to see what else you're working on. I finished my first mitten, but have yet to start the second one. Mittens are just like socks!

5/9/06 11:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home