Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Felting

I made a little mitten to test felting out - I hand felted it while watching Little House on the Prairie - boy is my life exciting.

Before Felting:








Please notice I did the decreases in the wrong place and it makes the thumb funny...oops...




After Felting:






And the thumb may be a little larger than it should be - you can't tell how the decreases are in the wrong spot though.

So I beat my anniversary date - My 1 year knitting birthday is the 28th and I wanted to felt something before then so I may have cheated a little and done something little for the felting. So I've learned to knit, purl, increase, decrease, knit in the round on circulars, 2 circulars, and dpns, felt, knit lace, intarsia and fair isle... we'll see what's ahead for year 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home